Chitresh Das Institute and ODC Theater Co-Present: Mantram
Friday-Saturday, October 15-16, 2021, 8PM PT; Sunday, October 17, 2021, 4PM PT
In-person and virtual
Kathak artist and choreographer Charlotte Moraga's new work, Mantram, an artistic creation exploring resonance through movement, music, percussion, and vedanta, the world's oldest, unbroken oral tradition. In this piece Moraga seeks out connection in a time when we have become so utterly disconnected, from ourselves, from one another, and from the earth. The music will be composed by renowned musician Alam Khan.
- Chitresh Das Institute (CDI)
The Chitresh Das Institute (CDI), led by Artistic Director Charlotte Moraga, brings to the stage ground breaking, traditional, and collaborative performances exploring the depth and versatility of North Indian classical kathak dance and music, and is a community-based educational institution, focused on world-class standards, holistic knowledge, and seva (service).
Ways to Participate
- Digital Subscription
- Digital access for one household/device to all Fall Season broadcast events, including Co-Presented performances
- On-demand access for one week following the live broadcast of:
- ODC Theater Presents Funsch Dance Experience: EPOCH;
- ODC Theater Presents This is Also the Art with Chitresh Das Institute; and
- ODC Theater Presents inkBoat with Guest Choreographer Ann Carlson: These are the Ones We Fell Among
Early Bird (through Thu, Sep 2) $40.00
Arts Access $35.00
General (Begins Fri, Sep 3) $70.00
All ticket sales are final. Performances, dancers, and guest artists subject to change.
Photo by: Ravi Kohli