July 21 – July 27, 2018
Cost: $500 per person
Deadline has passed.
Spend a week in San Francisco with the ODC/Dance Company and other professional artists. This workshop is a chance for you to put yourself in front of us, to spend time with us, and to see if there might be a shared future. This is the only audition opportunity for ODC/Dance Company for the 2018 - 2019 season.
This workshop gives you the opportunity to work directly with the ODC dancers and choreographers while providing an inside view of the creative process, the art, and life as an ODC artist.
During this six-day workshop, you’ll take a morning ballet warm up with master teachers Sandra Chinn and Vanessa Thiessen, movement classes with ODC/Dance members and Artistic Directors, learn ODC Resident Choreographer Kate Weare’s work Giant, and explore compositional elements with ODC Choreographers. Participants will attend art talks with ODC’s Founder and Artistic Director, Brenda Way, and Bay Area choreographer and Director of DETOUR DANCE, Eric Garcia, as well as two performances by ODC/Dance at ODC Theater. Expect to be exhausted!
To be considered for participation, please submit this application and include a video link by May 15, 2018.
We will accept online links only to recorded material. We will not be holding a live audition. In order to be considered, you must adhere to the video audition guidelines below and complete all sections of the audition form. Please pay close attention to video guidelines! Videos that do not meet minimum guidelines will render the application incomplete. To avoid this, place read through the instructions carefully:
- Videos should be at least 2 minutes and not exceed 4 minutes in length.
- Please title your video with the following nomenclature: LastName, FirstName_ODCAudition
- Please review your video before submission to be certain it is viewable.
- We are not responsible for unviewable applications
- Do remember that while we may judge your dancing, we won't judge your video editing skills.
- Video content: 2 - 3 minutes of solo dancing
- No group shots
- Any style acceptable (i.e. ballet, contemporary, hip hop, global)
- Please show a range of training
Competitive 38-42 week contract includes:
Health care covered by ODC
Two major home seasons
Collaborative Choreographic Process
Free and reduced Pilates services
Unlimited studio space rental
Free Crunch Gym membership
Exciting and demanding performance schedule