ODC COVID-19 Operation Guidelines
Updated June 11, 2021
ODC is listening to and following guidelines from the San Francisco Department of Public Health as it pertains to all of our in-person and campus activities.
We have a team of Health & Safety Coordinators on our staff and are working diligently to create plans that are safe and suitable for everyone as ODC is given permissions to reopen to the public for in-person activities.
All building occupants will observe COVID-19 safety guidelines as required by the CDC and San Francisco Department of Public Health
While our faculty and staff across ODC worked to keep us all connected and moving together virtually, our facilities team began a remarkable project: the completion of the full restoration of the ODC campus. Awaiting your return is a comprehensive suite of repairs and renovations that was estimated to take nearly four years to accomplish!
Our studio floors have been refinished, our HVAC system has been repaired and upgraded to deliver hospital-grade filtration and air exchange speeds as well as better climate control, the worn out carpets have been replaced, electrical and lighting systems have been checked and overhauled, our main staircase has been refinished and repaired, signage has been updated, touchless fixtures have replaced old hardware, and every inch of ODC has been lovingly, painstakingly cleaned and refurbished.
Status by Program
Adult Classes (ODC School and Rhythm & Motion Dance Program )
For the safety and comfort of the instructors and the participants, classes will initially operate with limited capacities. These capacities will increase over the course of the summer months.
- Limited schedule of in person classes at ODC Dance Commons (pre-registration is required)
- Virtual classes offered via Zoom
- Rhythm & Motion Dance Program is offering outdoor classes in local parks. Visit rhythmandmotion.com/outdoor-classes-1 for more information.
Youth & Teen Classes (ODC School)
- Virtual classes for ages 3 to 16
- Limited capacity in-person classes for teens in ages 12 to 18 with proof of Covid-19 vaccine or a negative test result (within 72 hours).
Learn more and register at odc.dance/summer
- Currently held on Zoom
- Anticipating limited capacity, hybrid (virtual and in-person) in-person at ODC Dance Commons this summer
- 2021 Theater Festival (June 3-12) will be held virtually
ODC Theater is available for rentals for film shoots, corporate events, and other activities. Learn more at odc.dance/rentals
Available summer rental weeks:
- July 6-11
- July 20-25
- August 17-22
*Studio rentals are not currently available
Do you have a suggestion, comment or question for ODC? We’d love to hear from you by filling out this form.