- What programs are offering in-person activity?
For up to date information regarding the status of ODC programs, please visit odc.dance/reopening.
- How is ODC planning to open in-person classes?
For the safety and comfort of the instructors and the participants, classes will initially operate with limited capacities. These capacities will increase over the course of the summer months.
- How do I sign up for in-person classes?
- What should I bring to show proof of full vaccination?
All participants are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (“fully vaccinated” means two weeks after completion of the recommended vaccination series) to participate in in-person activities, including classes, performances, and other events. To show proof of vaccination, we ask that you show either your physical vaccination card or a photo of your card upon arrival.
- What changes have been made to the building to ensure a safe environment?
While our faculty and staff across ODC worked to keep us all connected and moving together virtually, our facilities team began a remarkable project: the completion of the full restoration of the ODC campus. Awaiting your return is a comprehensive suite of repairs and renovations that was estimated to take nearly four years to accomplish!
Our studio floors have been refinished, our HVAC system has been repaired and upgraded to deliver hospital-grade filtration and air exchange speeds as well as better climate control, the worn out carpets have been replaced, electrical and lighting systems have been checked and overhauled, our main staircase has been refinished and repaired, signage has been updated, touchless fixtures have replaced old hardware, and every inch of ODC has been lovingly, painstakingly cleaned and refurbished.
- How do I use/reactivate my class card?
All class cards purchased between December 15, 2019 and March 15, 2020 have been extended 18 months from their date of purchase. If you are unsure of the status of your class card, please email email@example.com.
- If I have an online class card, can I use them for in-person classes?
No. Online class cards are not applicable to in-person classes.
- How do I register for an ODC fit class?
- How do I register for Youth & Teen classes?
- Can I bring an unvaccinated child inside at ODC?
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to invite anyone who is not fully vaccinated indoors at our facilities, which include ODC Dance Commons and ODC Theater. Thank you for your cooperation.
- I am on a waitlist, how will I know if a spot opens up?
Our front desk staff will email to notify you that space has opened and you are registered for the class.
- How do I register for Rhythm & Motion's outdoor classes?
- Who should I contact if I'm having issues registering through the MindBody schedule?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff members will connect with you.
- Will ODC Theater offer in-person performances?
ODC Theater is excited to welcome the public back for live performances this Fall. For the health and safety of yourself and others, and per CDC and SFDPH guidelines, all adult participants are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (“fully vaccinated” means two weeks after completion of the recommended vaccination series). Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to invite anyone who is not fully vaccinated indoors at our facilities, which include ODC Dance Commons and ODC Theater. Thank you for your cooperation. Masks are required indoors.
At the discretion of the artists, some shows may have additional health and safety measures. Please check the ticketing page for information specific to the ticketed performance or event you are attending.
REQUIREMENTS FOR IN-PERSON PARTICIPATION:
- Pre-registration is required for all in-person classes. Registration will open 7 days prior to each class. Walk-ups cannot be accommodated at this time.
- All participants, or parent/guardian (for minors) need to sign the 2021 assumption of risk waiver
- All participants must monitor their own health. Be alert of any COVID-19 related symptoms such as shortness of breath, fever or cough. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, stay home, seek medical care when necessary and get tested.
- All adult participants are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (“fully vaccinated” means two weeks after completion of the recommended vaccination series)
- For the safety and comfort of instructors and participants, classes will initially operate with limited capacities. These capacities will increase over the course of the summer months. If you pre-register and are unable to attend, please make room for the next person to participate by contacting us 24 in advance at email@example.com.
- ODC School and Rhythm & Motion Dance Program will be adding classes on an ongoing basis and may adjust class start times to accommodate a fuller schedule. Check the odc.dance/schedule regularly for updates.
- The pace of our re-opening and return to a more complete schedule of classes is caused partially by a labor shortage at our Front Desk. If you, or someone you know, would like to be a part of ODC’s Front Desk team, we encourage you to check out the odc.dance/employment page.
- Consistent with guidance from the San Francisco Department of Public Health, face masks are optional inside designated studios while dancing, rehearsing, or participating in a fitness class at ODC, effective Saturday, October 16. ODC Dance Commons and ODC Theater are multi-use spaces. We ask that you please wear a mask upon entering the buildings and when in common spaces, such as the main lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, or restrooms. If you’d like, you are welcome to remove your mask while inside your designated studio space. Please place your mask back on promptly after class or rehearsal and while exiting the building.
- As much as possible, arrive underdressed or in the clothes you plan to wear to minimize bathroom use/changing time.
- Upon your first visit, please arrive 15-20 minutes early to verify class registration, submission of the 2021 ODC and Rhythm & Motion Participant Waiver, proof of vaccination and a verbal pre-entry health check.
- Participants will be asked to wait in a single file line while waiting to be checked-in for class.
- Upon entry, each adult participant must show proof of full vaccination. A photo of your proof will be accepted.
- Please arrive with all equipment and belongings you’ll need to bring into the space and exit with all belongings at the end of your activity.
- Bring something to keep your personal belongings together inside, such as a bag or backpack.
Many of our Front Desk team are new. Please give them a warm welcome to ODC Dance Commons with both your kindness and patience as we reopen and welcome everyone back to the building!
Areas of Access
In this first phase of reopening ODC, to minimize congestion inside the building and to help the HVAC system filter and circulate air, we encourage participants to arrive no more than 15-20 minutes before the class and to exit the building shortly after class. A brief stretch in the hall or a bathroom visit is ok, but we encourage everyone to visit with their friends outside of the building whenever possible.
- Stay clear of, and do not congregate at, the main staircase and front desk area.
- All bathrooms are accessible. There are two All-Gender, single toilet, bathrooms on the 2nd level. The two main lobby bathrooms will have a limited occupancy of 4 individuals at a time.
- The use of showers and lockers is not allowed at this time.
Procedures Within the Building
- Use all the space in the designated studio. At this time, avoid clustering and partnering.
- Windows to the studio must be left open at all times unless environmental factors pose a hazard. HVAC system will be running for the duration of your activity.
- Interior studio doors must remain closed.
- Sanitize hands at frequent intervals, including upon entry to the building, before and after using the bathroom, and at regular intervals during your stay.
Before You Exit
- Use provided cleaning materials to wipe down door handles, ballet barres, window blind chords, and any other touched surfaces throughout your activity. Please notify the front desk if supplies are running low. Your vigilance will keep your participants and our staff safer
- Take all belongings with you and pack out any trash
Last thing, while you make sure you fulfill all these requirements, remember to dance your heart out, and have fun!