What’s on at ODC Theater?
- ODC Theater Fall Season: In person + virtual
- This is Also the Art: Virtual
- View Full Calendar at ODC Theater
- 2022 rentals for performance and incubation: Applications due September 1, 2021
- Resident Artist Program: Archive
- Opportunity Fund at ODC Theater: Archive
- ODC Home Companies
Rent ODC Theater
- ODC Theater is available for both performance and event rentals: odc.dance/rentals
News & Updates
- *NEW: ODC Theater is Hiring a Theater Program Associate: Learn more
- ODC Theater Announces Guest Curatorial Team For 2022 Season: Read the press release
- ODC Theater announces 2022 space discounts: odc.dance/performancerentals
- ODC Theater announces Funsch Dance Experience: Read the press release
- ODC Theater announces its 2021 Fall Season: Read the press release
- ODC Theater returns in person summer 2021: Learn more at odc.dance/reopening
ODC Theater exists to empower and develop innovative artists. It participates in the creation of new works through commissioning, presenting, mentorship and space access; it develops informed, engaged and committed audiences; and advocates for the performing arts as an essential component to the economic and cultural development of our community. This 170-seat venue is the site of over 150 performances a year involving nearly 1,000 local, regional, national and international artists. Since 1976, ODC Theater has been the mobilizing force behind countless San Francisco artists and the foothold for national and international touring artists seeking debut in the Bay Area. The Theater, founded by Brenda Way has earned its place as a cultural incubator by dedicating itself to creative change-makers, those leaders who give the Bay Area its unmistakable definition and flair. Nationally known artists Spaulding Gray, Diamanda Galas, Bill T. Jones, Eiko & Koma, Ronald K. Brown/EVIDENCE, Karole Armitage, Sarah Michelson, Brian Brooks and John Heginbotham are among those whose first San Francisco appearance occurred at ODC Theater. ODC Theater is currently under the Creative Direction of Chloë L. Zimberg.
Chloë L. Zimberg (she/her), is a dancer, producer, curator, and arts program specialist currently leading ODC Theater as Creative Director. Her work centralizes on the strategic development of equitable performing arts platforms and the live arts sector. Zimberg is the Co-Founder of Chlo & Co Dance, which curates and presents Drove, a twice-annual evening of dance performance by West Coast artists, as well as Tabled, an interdisciplinary discussion series highlighting universal issue areas in the national arts ecology. Zimberg is originally from the Puget Sound and holds a BA in Performing Arts and Social Justice from the University of San Francisco with concentration in Dance and minor emphases in Politics and English Literature.
Jack Beuttler (he/his)
Director of Production
Garth Grimball (he/him/his)
Sima Belmar (she/her)
Writer in Residence
ODC Theater is generously supported by the Phyllis Wattis Foundation, National Endowment for the Arts, Fleishhacker Foundation, SF Grants for the Arts, Andrew Mellon Foundation, and our many individual donors.
ODC Theater is located at 3153 17th St, San Francisco, CA 94110.